Kewell Converters Ltd are a UK leading foam converter based in Edenbridge, Kent, with a strong reputation for quality and engineering ability within our sector. We operate a fast-paced batch production manufacturing facility and with a strong history of investment.
We are looking for a Production Engineer to work in our Pre-Production team. As well as involvement in Pre-Production processes, and in-manufacture problem solving, a key purpose of the role is to develop and drive production improvements projects, based on lean principles and to result in productivity improvements and reduced operating costs.
- Generation and control of work instructions for Production.
- Work with Sales/Client to understand and deliver order requirements, including identifying and resolving challenges at the Pre-Production stage.
- Involvement in drawing creation and approval, including identification of quality standards.
- Understand and assist in resolving in-manufacturing problem solving with Production
- Responsibility for Production Improvement projects – including managing assigned personnel and associated costs.
- Production/Manufacturing Engineering experience (wood/metal industry would be beneficial)
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must, along with strong analytical skills
- Project management skills. The ability to manage and direct project resources (personnel & suppliers).
- Technical problem-solving ability.
- Experience of 5S and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience in CAD systems (AutoCAD), as well as understanding of CNC machining and other similar processes would be beneficial
- Experience with CRM or ERP production management software
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and reliable