PVC foam is incredibly versatile and can be used for a whole range of different purposes – that’s why it is one of the most popular foams. It was specifically developed to be versatile, for use in a range of different environments from commercial to recreational. Today it is one of the most widely used materials in the world thanks to the way that it can adapt and meet the needs of countless application requirements.
What is PVC Foam?
Polyvinyl chloride foam (PVC foam) is a closed cell PVC sheet material that is very durable and easy to use. It has many positive properties that make it very popular, including:
- PVC foam is very adaptable and easy to work with. This is a material that can be drilled, die-cut, bonded, sawed etc, depending on the specific needs of an individual application. This is one of the reasons why PVC foam is viewed as such a versatile material.
- It has lots of great properties. For example, PVC foam is high strength and has great durability. It also has an impressive level of impact resistance, low water absorption and resistance to fire and corrosion too.
- PVC foam can be used in any environment, indoor or out. The many different properties that PVC foam has mean that it can withstand a wide range of conditions, whether that’s an indoor environment or a harsh outdoor situation.
- A great alternative to a range of other materials. For example, PVC foam can be used instead of wood or aluminium and be much more effective – it could go several decades without experiencing any damage.
- Very low maintenance in the long term. PVC foam is often preferable to other materials because it requires little to no maintenance in order to keep it in great condition.
Where is PVC Foam used?
Because it’s so versatile, PVC foam can be used in a wide range of different applications, including:
- For marine products. Marine-grade PVC foam is environmentally friendly, lightweight, durable and can withstand moisture, which makes it ideal for a whole range of purposes in a marine environment.
- Signage. You’ll find PVC foam used in a range of different signage applications, including display boards, menu boards, directional signage and real estate signs. Because PVC foam is durable and displays colours consistently, it provides great value as a signage material.
- In building and construction. The uses for PVC foam in building and construction are many, including furniture, outdoor kitchens, decorative shutters and architectural columns. Because it’s so versatile it provides opportunities for builders and designers to get really creative.
- Exhibit spaces. Whether it’s staging, display cases, kiosks or trade show booths, PVC foam is a versatile tool for exhibit spaces. It’s lightweight and easy to work with so it can be shaped for any purpose and is very simple to install.
PVC foam is widely used today because it has such versatility – it can be used for almost any application and brings positives and benefits to each one.
Learn more about the range of Kewell Converters Foam Materials or contact our team of experts to talk about your foam requirements.